A Free Photography Course





Thursday, July 2, 2009

Prt. 1 With Eye's Wide Open...



Photography is more than a passion, for me it’s a way of life and enables me to view the world from a different perspective.

I started taking simple snapshots as a young boy with an old Polaroid B&W instamatic camera. This takes me back to 1974 – 1975 or there about. I fell in love with photography after watching my first polaroid print develop before my eyes. From that very moment I knew photography would become part of my life in some way, shape, or form.

Moving into the new era of photography has been very exciting. There have been many discussions on film verse digital. I use both medias and I enjoy both medias. I feel photographers should use whatever media makes them happy and concentrate on the important aspects of making a good image. It’s not how we got there; it’s getting there that counts.

The eye of the photographer is the foundation on which all good images emerge. We need a theme and more importantly we need to focus attention on the theme. Keeping a photograph simple (eliminate everything that might distract) helps to meet these goals.

I completely understand that art is subjective; you cant please everyone with every image you take. Focusing on a theme and keeping your image simple will move you in the right direction.

Until next time…






No comments:

Post a Comment